General Electric Sr Staff Solution Architect in Singapore
In this strategic technical pre-sales position, the Sr Staff Solution Architect will establish a trusted advisor relationship with both our external customers and internal technical teams. You will collaborate with internal corporate development teams, pre-sales technical teams and commercial sales teams in the business unit they are supporting to help drive sales of our platform and suite of Predix application.
You will be a strong voice for our customers, bringing technical and business requirements back to our development teams helping ensure our solutions continue to meet our customer’s needs. You will mentor, train and lead technical pre-sales teammates located in the business unit you support.
In this role, you will:
• Establish a deep understanding of our Power Utilities customers’ business and technical needs
• Create a “trusted technical advisor” relationship with our customer’s technologists and internal technical teammates
• Develop solution architecture framework to support solution selling on an enterprise level. Help to provide vision, define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape
• Lead change across large platforms / functional areas using technology solutions
• Provide deep sw / hw technical architecture expertise to ensure proper solution design
• Interface with all Pre-Sales Solutions Architects globally (and build a community) to train, mentor, guide through new solution architecture framework
• Provide SWAT coverage for key customer facing events, particularly C level discussions
• Interface with COE CTOs to ensure alignment to sales process and priorities
• Evangelize GE technology platform in appropriate sales forums to drive demand and continued interest
• Build link to provocative selling model to ensure architecture views are properly integrated
• Develop evolution path and migration plans for key GE customers from their current state to the target GE Digital Strategy by deploying Predix Solutions in concert with other GE Products & Services
• Shape, drive and be held accountable for delivering significant strategic initiatives across broad scope/platform(s) in liaison with key stakeholders
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
• Minimum 8+ years’ work experience in Software pre-sales ideally in the Power Industry
• Must be willing to travel 75%
• Must be willing to work out of home office.
• Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset (of self or others) in assigned vertical (Power Industry)
• Experience in Asset Management and optimizations systems used in Power Plants
• Significant expertise in developing and selling SW/HW solutions. Including creating and executing propositions and a track record of success
• Understanding of the technology stack to include OS, DB, middleware, application layer, virtualization and cloud technologies
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels
• Technical acumen to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
• Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills, ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on market and customer trends – go beyond the status quo
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, strategic agility, manage diversity and drive for results
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: Singapore; Singapore