VMware Head of Advisory Services, Northern Europe in Staines-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
VMware’s Accelerate Advisory Services (AAS) team in EMEA is an investment aimed at enabling more strategic conversations with key customers across Europe.
In EMEA, the team operates as a set of expert and experienced resources, working closely with the sales teams and professional services teams, in order to shape and drive customer engagement strategies that lead to large transformational deals.
The NEMEA Regional Manager/Business Solution Strategist role has been created to bring a combination of specialist skills - around IT strategy and planning, vertical capabilities and the ability to build business cases with customers - together with a strong business development leadership capability, with the desired outcome of driving up the number and quality of effective engagement of the AAS team in the Region. The objective is for this role to support a larger volume of strategic, high-value deals where there are deep trusted relationships and where VMware is delivering measurable value to the customer.
This role needs to works closely and effectively with key internal stakeholders in the Region, including Regional VP; Country and Sales Leaders, Pre-Sales Director, Professional Services Director and key sales, pre-sales and professional services teams leaders in-countries, in order to help shape account and opportunity strategies for focus accounts in the Region.
The role is also responsible for developing and supporting the existing AAS team members in Region, to optimise their growth and elevate their impact in the business, bringing guidance and direction as well as showing leadership through best practice and delivering results not only as an inspirational leader but also as an individual contributor.
This role is market-facing (could be described as ‘player/manager’), involving effective and profitable engagement with senior level customers and partners, offering thought leadership, experience and best practice capability regarding medium to long-term business/technology planning, strategy, operational delivery, technology investments and bringing technology innovation to the business.
The right candidate will be able to draw upon their depth and breadth of technical and business management knowledge, as well as apply their experience and track record of successful business development support, in order to drive better outcomes (bigger, more strategic deals, and trusted customer relationships) and demonstrate these capabilities to customers, partners, and the broader sales and pre-sales community in the Global and Enterprise segments for VMware in EMEA.
The role reports into the Director Enterprise Business, Northern Europe.
· Build effective and supportive development relationships with the existing AAS team in Region
· Build collaborative relationships with the other two Regional team leads for AAS in EMEA
· Build effective relationships with senior customer contacts, including at C-level
· Establish effective and respected working relationships with VMware strategic account teams, sales leadership, professional services, product management, and key executive stakeholders
· Manage resourcing requests for AAS engagements effectively in Region, working with key stakeholders
· Report meaningfully on the impact of the AAS team in Region, demonstrating measurable value
· Engage with the leadership team in Region and contribute to strategic planning and thinking in Region
· Facilitate effective customer workshops designed to shape thinking on IT-As-A-Service, Cloud Strategies; IT planning and transformation and ideally also on change in IT operations
· Contribute effectively to strategic account planning with VMware account teams, supporting other members of the AAS team where appropriate
· Deliver presentations, keynotes, thought leadership where appropriate, which inspire customers to challenge their current state thinking and be drawn to innovative thinking around the future of IT in the business
· Support sales teams in their value selling approach with customers; often acting as the advocate for the customer journey and engaging closely with the customer as trusted advisor where possible
· Be able to build financial cases around ROI and TCO analysis on VMware technology adoption as well as developing high quality business cases with customers
· Work closely with VMware’s professional services consulting teams – especially the Operations Transformation Consulting team - to build and support IT transformational strategies and to pull-through PSO engagements and revenue
· Be able to benchmark VMware customers for best practices and value achieved – collaborating with other members of the AAS team across EMEA
· Spread best practices among accounts/account teams, the wider AAS team and elevate strategic mindshare with key accounts
Bachelors degree required; additional academic qualifications valued but not essential
Strong track record of measurable contribution (over not less than 15 years) to business development in Technology/consulting/servicesorganisations, either in pre-sales or specialist consulting roles
Evidence of multiple years’ experience of leading and developing teams of consultants or architects in complex and matrixed organisations with demonstrable and validated business outcome
Specialist Industry/sector consulting experience and expertise would be valued but not essential
Record of building strong customer relationships which lead to large deals
Deep understanding of the financial and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations
Proven consultative selling capabilities – evidence of recognized training/accreditations
Proven experience of developing and growing C Level relationships
Comfort and confidence in the company of CTOs
Ability to communicate complex topics to an audience with a variety of functional knowledge
Technical and Business writing skills (white papers, proposals, competitive responses)
Business skills (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
Good presentation skills including Public speaking, Meeting Facilitation and white boarding
Strong understanding of VMware technology, alternative solutions, and the benefits that can be realized through the application of VMware solutions to customer environments
Mentoring and Coaching skills a plus
Willingness to travel as required across the Region
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.