ITT Corporation Machinist II in Santa Rosa, California
Come join our team at ITT BIW Connector Systems! We are looking for an experienced Machinist to operate a variety of machine shop equipment (CNC machines, manual lathes, mills, drill presses and saws) for the production of parts used in the manufacturing of electrical connectors. Our connectors are designed in house by our team of talented Design Engineers and tested in our state-of-the-art testing facility to specifically meet the needs of our diverse oil & gas customers. As a Machinist, you'll be a part of operating a variety of machines tools and equipment to produce various production parts and tools to help bring our product designs to market. We value quality and safety so our Machinists inspect all work using precision measuring tools to ensure all parts meet drawing specifications. Additionally, as a Machinist at ITT BIW Connector Systems, you must adhere to all safety directives/requirements and fully participate in all 6S activities and daily clean-up. Here's an outline of the responsibilities of our Machinists:
· Operates a variety of machine tools and equipment, such as manual lathes, mills, drill presses, cut off saws and CNC turning and milling equipment.
· Performs set up to operation to produce a variety of production parts and tools from metal, plastics and other materials.
· Inspects all work using precision measuring tools to ensure all parts meet drawing specifications.
· Makes adjustments and offsets to machines to control speed, material feed, and path of cut.
· Makes sure machines are set up properly, working well and producing quality product.
· Performs work under general to minimal supervision depending on skill level/experience.
· Enters accurate daily labor information into data collection system.
· Quality conscientious and responsible for all aspects of quality related to work produced.
· Knowledge and general understanding of ISO 9001 quality policies.
· Adheres to all safety directives/requirements within the area and facility (i.e. Personal Protective Equipment) and fully participates in all 6S activities and daily clean-up.
· Other duties as directed by Management.
“ITT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Minimum Education Requirements:
Business or Technical School (AA Desired) or Equivalent
Paid Relocation Available?:
Percent of Travel Required:
Skills and Experience:
· ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
· Knowledge of shop math
· Ability to read blueprints and schematics
· Ability to solve complex problems
· Strong attention to detail and quality
· Can make own tools and fixtures
· Ability to perform general maintenance on machine tools
· Strong mechanical aptitude to include understanding of CAD/CAM technology
· Ability to multi-task and follow detailed instructions
· Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds throughout the day
· Ability to perform repetitive movements
· QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s Degree or completion of a Machine Tool Technology Program
· >5 years of general machine shop experience
· Familiar with machining of various materials
· Demonstrated teamwork, to include knowledge of Self-Managed teams is a plus
· Computer programming experience is a plus
Note: This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Learn more about BIW Connector Systems: http://www.ittbiw.com/About/
Learn more about ITT, Inc.: http://www.ittbiw.com/About/ITT-Corporation/ and our family of brands: http://www.ittcannon.com/
CA, Santa Rosa