USAA Senior Software Developer in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This is an advanced-level role occupied by those demonstrating in-depth technical and/or business knowledge within their respective areas of specialization. Incumbents work independently on complex work assignments and may determine methods and procedural approaches on new assignments. In addition, responsibilities include serving as resources to internal and third party team members on escalated technical issues and analyzing and designing specifications for less experienced team members to execute.
- Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within DevOps disciplines
- 3+ years of experience working with DevOps/CICD environments.
- 1+ years of experience with a container frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Linux containers, etc.
- Working experience with Git, GitHub, GitLab CI, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, npm.
- 3+ years in Automated Integration and Functional Test Suites like Selenium, WebDriverIO, RESTEasy, SoapUI, etc.
- Experience in Unit Testing/TDD/BDD frameworks like JUnit, Mockito, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Cucumber, PIT
- Experience with Java EE technologies like JAX-RS, JPA on JBoss/WebSphere
USAA's most valuable resource is our 30,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Senior Software Developer TX-San Antonio R0020746