CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Active Directory Engineer in Sacramento, California
Active Directory Engineer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:Sacramento, California, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Would you like to be part of an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Come join us at CGI to start up a new project supporting one of our clients in an exciting industry. You’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in the stand-up of the new operational model and team. Based on our industry-specific focus, we can offer you a work environment where you will be challenged and will grow and develop your career in a meaningful way. We will help you reach your full potential by providing learning materials & training, mentoring & coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback… plus opportunities to advance!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Reporting directly to Service Delivery Team Lead – Wintel Platform.
• 15+ Years working in technology generally.
• 8+ years’ experience developing, testing, and applying Group Policy Objects to remediate vulnerabilities and implement solutions.
• 8+ years’ experience working with Active Directory, creating OU structures, and working within Active Directory Sites & Services
• 8+ years’ experience troubleshooting, building, and maintaining Domain Controllers
• 8+ years’ of experience with VBS, PowerShell
• Experience working in a multi-domain, Enterprise environment
• Experience setting up both one-way and two-way Domain Trusts
• Experience creating utility, service, managed service, and elevated accounts in Active Directory
• In-Depth knowledge of FSMO roles
• Experience implementing Active Directory Federation Services preferred
• Able to configure servers to server roles including AD, DNS, DHCP, PKI and CA, Radius, Web, FTP, Hyper-V, App-V
• Abel to Install and configure Microsoft administrative tools software including SCOM, SCCM, MBAM, MDT
• Able to plan and conduct Upgrades to existing servers to required major release
• Understand security hardening guides & tools (DISA STIGs, SCAP, ACAS (Tenable/Nessus), HBSS).
• Expertise in server and network administration for LAN/WAN, UNIX/Linux, Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, and Microsoft Network Policy Server
• Expertise in VPN and Wireless LAN experience desired
• Needs to be a self-starter that is comfortable troubleshooting, maintaining, and developing solutions for a complex environment.
• Selected candidates must have Subject Mater Expertise level knowledge in at least three or more of the following technologies: VMWare VSphere, PKI certificate management, SCOM Server, SCCM Server, Window’s security and Windows cipher suite, DHCP/DNS management in a multi-location segmented network enterprise environment.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree preferably in computer science or a related field preferred or a minimum 5 years of systems administration experience is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. Dual citizenship not allowed.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in windows Active Directory server administration and deployment planning. Knowledge of operating within virtualization environments such as VMWare and Xen a must.
• Knowledge of standard project management and milestone based task management
• Ability to work in a multi-project environment and support multiple internal departments
• Knowledge of industry best practice approaches and standards
• Ability to multi-task and effectively work with a geographically dispersed technical team
• - Microsoft certification in server administration
• - Technical certifications such as MSCE, CCNA, CompTIA Network
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.