Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc Leave Administrator in RTP, North Carolina
Grifols is a global healthcare company whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. Our three divisions –Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital–develop, produce and market our innovative products and services to medical professionals in more than 100 countries.
We are committed to fostering an environment that creates continuous learning opportunities and encourages professional development and growth. As a company devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, we are looking for talented professionals worldwide. Make a difference and join us in this challenging and rewarding enterprise.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1940 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 60 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com at http://www.grifols.com/
Responsible for the day to day administration of all company leaves of absence. Administers leaves in accordance with company policy and in compliance with FMLA, ADAAA, and any federal and state laws..
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
● Serves as first point of contact for supervisor and/or employee requesting or inquiring about a leave of absence; makes determination of the type of leave and sends the required documentation
● Responsible for determining eligibility for FMLA, state specific leaves, other company approved leaves of absence and appropriate disability program available if applicable
● Prepares, sends, and tracks all LOA paperwork required; Must comply with deadlines and FMLA laws and requirements in gathering data, all required documentation and sending responses in a timely manner; Must make sure all paperwork has the required approvals, signatures, and is tracked and entered for audit purposes
● Manages employees LOA in HRIS Enterprise/payroll system, Time and Labor system and Occupational Health Management system
● Responsible for completing applicable state disability and/or paid family leave claims received from the state
● Administers all aspects of the LOA between the employee and third party vendors
● Advises manager and HRBP on potential issues and resolutions
● Audit all LOA forms for signature, approvals, completions and payment information
● Keeps informed of FMLA, state leave laws, ADAAA, HIPAA, WC, and regulatory federal and state laws regarding leave of absence; Regularly attends industry seminars and training classes to stay current with changes and best practices; Assists in updating LOA policies as necessary
Skills/Qualifications/Education Requirements: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
• Decision making ability in approving leaves
• Knowledge of all applicable laws and compliance with documentation, tracking and determining FMLA eligibility
• Typically requires 2-3 years of related experience in Leave of Absence Administration with a working knowledge of all applicable FMLA, HIPAA, ADAAA, and Worker's Compensation laws and compliance
• Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job typically requires an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of experience, an equivalent could include 4 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree
Work is performed in an office and a clinical environment. Exposure to Biological fluids with potential exposure to infectious organisms. Personal protective equipment required such as protective eyewear and gloves. Exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 4-6 hours per day. Frequent repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Color perception/discrimination required. Occasionally walks. Often performs duties standing. Frequently bends and twists neck and waist. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 35lbs. Frequently drives to other facilities. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Works with little need for guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions from management. Performs a wide range of tasks with little predictability of occurrence. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups.
Location: [[mfield6]] : [[cust_building]]
Learn more about Grifols at http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home