PNC Detection & Investigation Analyst Sr in Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100585 Detect & Investig Analyst Sr
Reviews and investigates customer cases, reports, and work for potential and actual loss; minimizes fraud, AML and/or organizational risk. Responsible for early detection of suspicious activity, control and prevention of losses.
Researches and analyzes bank activities and reports to detect and prevent possible fraudulent and suspicious activities. Recommends disposition.
Uses defined research procedures to identify and resolve issues. Starts to identify trends.
Follows standards and practices to mitigate fraud, AML and other risk exposure and loss. Shares best practices amongst the team and/or service partners.
Prepares and maintains appropriate documentation of analysis performed and coordinates with internal or external stakeholders as appropriate.
PA - Pittsburgh
Detection & Investigation Analyst Sr
Line of Business:
Operations – Retail
PA373 - Firstside Center Bldg
Total Hours Per Week:
Twilight 10% Differential
Monday-Friday 2:00pm-11:00pm with every other Saturday and Sunday.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
NC - Rocky Mount, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require an Associates or equivalent degree as well as related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 3+ years experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Anti-money Laundering/Sanctions Policies and Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to prevent or report money laundering and Sanctions-related activities in banking and financial services industry.
Business Ethics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules, and regulations governing proper business conduct; ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
Business Process Improvement - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use methods for identifying, evaluating, introducing and implementing more efficient approaches to performing business related activities.
Information Capture - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Standard Operating Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Fraud Detection and Prevention - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
Operational Risk - Working Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Detection & Investigation Analyst Sr. within PNC's Card Loss Prevention organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh PA or Rocky Mount NC.