Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) AIRCRAFT MECHANIC in Robins AFB, Georgia
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This position is for an Aircraft Mechanic, Position Description Number D0100000 located in the 116th Maintenance Squadron, RAFB, Georgia. This is a full-time, Excepted, Temporary, dual status position which requires Georgia Air National Guard Membership.
Position is indefinite; however, may convert to permanent without further competition. If a tenured applicant is selected, tenure will not change.
Area of Consideration:
Learn more about this agency
As an Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10, you will:
- Perform all phases of the repair and reclamation process for crashed or damaged aircraft utilizing lifting bgs, cranes, hoists, slings, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
- Maintain and store the special equipment identified and assigned to the crash recovery mission.
- Serve on the flight control team and may coordinate team functions.
- Participate in flight crew debriefing, troubleshooting, repairing and replacing components as required.
- Advise on and participate in the removal, rigging, and replacement of flight control surfaces, portable huffet and lavatory units.
- Utilize a wide variety of technical gauges, instruments and tools such as bead breakers, micrometers, dial indicators, pressure gauges, torque wrenches, tension meters, weight and balance testers, and inside and outside calipers to test, overhaul, rig and install major airframe components.
- Accomplish organizational and intermediate level maintenance, which involves major repairs, TCTO's and/or flight controls, landing gears, doors and canopies and associated equipment requiring structural or component maintenance beyond the capabilities of other activities.
- Perform intermediate level maintenance on aircraft wheel and tires and may also accomplish organizational maintenance such as wheel and tire and brake changes.
- Prepare for and participate in various types of readiness evaluations such as ORI, II, and LIE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises.
- May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fife/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heave equipment operator; maintenance of facilities and equipment, or serve as a member of a team to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
8852 Aircraft Mechanic
- Aircraft Mechanics
Conditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver?s license.
- Preplacement Medical Requirements: Selectee will be required to undergo medical testing, at the expense of the government, prior to beginning employment. Medical tests are used to determine fitness and eligibility for employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- This position is covered by a Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with co-workers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
Each applicant must fully substantiate (in her/his own words) that they meet the requirements of the specialized experience listed below; otherwise, the applicant will be considered unqualified for this vacancy. DO NOT COPY THE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT OR THE POSITION DESCRIPTION. IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED UNQUALIFIED FOR THE VACANCY. Please ensure that you have included beginning and ending dates (month and year) for all jobs listed on your resume.
Military Grades: Enlisted Only
Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC: 2A3X3, 2A5X1, 2A5X2, 2A5X4 or 2A3X7.
General Experience: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
Specialized Experience: Candidate must have at least 18 months specialized experience installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
- Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of aircraft components, e.g. landing gear, engines, flight controls, hydraulic and fuel systems.
- Skill in the removal and installation of various aircraft components and parts.
- Ability to use various tools, gauges and powered and non-powered aircraft ground equipment.
- Ability to interpret technical data, publications, regulations, diagrams and schematics.
- Knowledge of various inspections and preventative maintenance on aircraft, e.g. preflight, thruflight, post flight inspections and the lubrication of components.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year, e.g., 02/2017, Feb 2017, etc.) of employment and duties performed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link:
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
GA 116 Maintenance Squadron Bldg 2328 Warner Robins, GA US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/501741700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/12/2018 to 07/03/2018
Salary: $23.54 to $27.46 per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 10
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Temporary