USAA SIU Investigator I (Richmond, VA) in Remote, United States
Purpose of Job
SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL SUPPORT RICHMOND, VA AND THE SURROUNDING AREAS (THIS INCLUDES; HAMPTON ROADS TO NORTHERN VA)
We are currently seeking talented SIU Investigator I for our Richmond, VA facility.
Provides specialized investigative and advisory services to Claims, Underwriting and Policy Service on moderately complex to complex situations involving questionable, suspect or fraudulent claims activity. Works with law enforcement, fire and other related agencies to investigate potential fraud. Works under minimal supervision to perform work assignments and problem resolution. Participates in the development of fraud prevention strategies and independently completes investigations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of common fraud schemes and develops investigative strategies.
- Reviews initial referrals, evaluates claim and underwriting information to identify appropriate assignment level and investigative strategies.
- Independently develops and presents verbal & written investigative and management reports.
- Acquires and applies proficient knowledge of state laws & regulations pertaining to insurance fraud.
- Acquires and applies proficient knowledge of P&C insurance industry products, services and processes to include P&C insurance policy contracts and coverages and USAA claim handling process and procedures.
- Develops and maintains external relationships with industry, law enforcement and other contacts involved in fraud investigation, detection and prevention.
- High School Diploma /General Equivalency Diploma
- 2 more years prior casualty claims adjusting, claim investigating experience, law enforcement, or P&C special investigative experience
- 2 years of P&C SIU investigative experience
- Military Law enforcement experience with AFOSI/NCIS/CID
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage an active caseload
- Proficiency in establishing, documenting, and pursuing appropriate investigative strategies
- Ability to use public record systems and/or claims databases to support investigations
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex fraud cases and/or rings
- Ability to develop and present fraud related training programs
- Possess active adjuster’s license, or ability to obtain same
- Working knowledge in state laws and regulations pertaining to insurance fraud
- Professional designations related to position (e.g. CIFI, CFE, CPCU, etc.)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
SIU Investigator I (Richmond, VA) ZZ-Remote R0020520