Anixter Application Engineer Technical Sales Rep in Portland, Oregon
Application Engineer Technical Sales Rep
CountryUnited States of America
Job TypeFull-Time Regular
Anixter offers the industry’s most extensive portfolio of products, services and solutions for the Public Power, Investor-owned Utilities, Construction and Industrial markets. We offer value-added solutions — including industry leading technology, inventory management and after-hours emergency and storm supply — all designed to make our customers more successful. Our continued growth has created a need for a full time Application Engineer position. If you want to become a part of our winning team, we want to hear from you.
Responsible for partnering with sales and manufacturers to provide technical expertise regarding applications of products/services. Answer questions and demonstrate how product offerings and services can solve customer problems and create sales opportunities to promote and reinforce the business image as a total solutions provider. Quote and manage orders for equipment and services sold for key manufacturers.
• Provides technical expertise as a specialist for product solutions to existing vertical customers, Outside and Inside Sales Representatives.
• Conducts detailed product demonstrations and supports pre-sale activities.
• Targets new retrofit customers and projects utilizing product solutions benefits and contractor/turnkey partnerships.
• Specifies products to meet customer requirements and needs, recommends inventory of products, and provides quotations working through existing manufacturers and in support of branch representatives.
• Provides quotes to customers including public bid documentation, bid and performance bond documentation and management of orders through delivery and collection.
• Partners with Purchasing and Regional Management to suggest inventory and manage price levels for all retrofit projects based on category objectives and supplier preference.
• Develops and maintains relationships with vendors and customers, focusing on key agents and serving as liaison for technical product manufacturers to the field.
• Trains and assists sales staff with product familiarity, new product development, related product technology, and sales skills.
• Manages customer cases on product installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
• Performs equipment commissioning/testing, project engineering/design and engineering product assembly.
• Provides on-going training and support regarding purchased controls, application and equipment, prior to and after installation has been completed.
• Conducts presentations for customers, consultant, fellow associates, conferences and meetings on product-related topics.
• Provides customer support to include answering customer questions and addressing concerns. Ensures all cases are resolved or escalated to appropriate resources.
• Lead and participate in presentation of Anixter products, services and capabilities at industry trade shows and conferences.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Requires an Engineering degree from an accredited university, preferably in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
• 5+ years of contract negotiation
• 3+ years working in the electrical utility industry for a manufacturer, distributor, utility, contractor, or engineering firm.
• Demonstrated skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
• Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
• May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
• This position requires operation of a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Anixter will run a Motor Vehicle Record(MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
• Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
• Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy(50+ pounds) or awkward.
• Typically requires overnight travel 50% of the time.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
• Excellent medical, dental, life and disability insurances
• 401(k) with company match
• Tuition assistance
• Paid holidays and vacation
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.