Comcast Program Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Responsible for utilizing advanced program management skills and knowledge to follow the organization's strategic plan and lead the large-to-medium and/or moderately complex programs spanning multiple organizations. Delivers outcomes, longer-term improvements, and benefits in support of the organization goals. Mentors junior members of the team.
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones.
- Identifies, confirms, and obtains participation from required cross-functional teams. Works with the other team members and Strategic Business Initiative to do this effectively.
- Builds program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work for end-to-end deployment required to fulfill program scope. Identifies and manages program critical path, being mindful of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, and success criteria for the program with key stakeholders and core team. Works with resource leadership to obtain and assign resources to the program plan within the Clarity record.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting process.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and managing critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency plans and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation corrective actions. Escalates early to SBI to determine when to engage senior management.
- Works with leadership and core team members to help identify and assist in making program tradeoffs to balance scope, time, and costs. Ensures proper documentation.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and upstream and downstream dependencies. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Works with Strategic Business Initiative to assist in action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall committed timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach, and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Identifies and manages proposed changes to program parameters and works with Enterprise Program Management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Works with core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies, and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Engineering
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer