Comcast Eng3, Prod Dev Eng in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Billions of requests. Millions of Customers. Comcast designs, builds and operates applications at scale that have a tangible impact on our customer's lives. The Technology and Product team is working to deliver the next generation of applications. We want to build things our customers will love.
We are seeking an Engineer 3 for our Service Reliability Engineering (SRE) team focused on our VMware private cloud environment. This engineer will focus on improving and maintaining our self-service APIs as well as solving complex operational problems in the environment with code. This is a cross functional team with a variety of skillsets and backgrounds-communication and collaboration skills are just as important as technical skills.
We are very interested in attracting a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds. If you aren't sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
- Improve and extend the self-service APIs we provide to our VMware private cloud customers
- Improve system availability and performance challenges across a large, complex private cloud environment with code.
- Collaborate with senior engineers on next generation platform architectures.
- Mentor more junior software developers.
- 5 years of development experience with languages like Go, Python or Ruby
- Experience with the VMware 6.x REST APIs
- Experience working on projects relating to large-scale, highly available customer-facing products and services.
- Knowledge of modern technical operations practices and tools: source control (Git/Hg/Subversion); continuous integration; automated testing; automated deployments and deployment pipelines
- Familiarity with service-oriented and "cloud-native" architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and networking protocols
- Experience with several open source applications, frameworks, and libraries
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace employer