Citi TTS NA Product Sales Sr. Specialist, VP in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Other Location: United States,California,San Francisco
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job ID: 18039360
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Reporting to the North America TTS Product Sales Head, the fundamental objective of this Product Sales Specialist role is to drive additional revenue growth by winning Cash Management mandates for corporate accounts in the United States. The position represents an integral part of our TTS Product Sales team and will focus primarily on working with various stakeholders such as GSG Bankers, Solution Sales, Account Managers and Corporate bankers to prospect, originate and close new business for North America. This is achieved with advanced subject matter expertise in treasury services product knowledge across payments, collections, technology and liquidity management, plus thought leadership in cash and treasury management trends and best practices. The position will also work closely with Product Management on refinement of solution development, product positioning and packaging to suit market requirements.
• Coordinate solutions for client Request For Proposals (RFPs), including design and recommendations of innovative cash management solutions that meet or exceed client requirements
• Work with Bankers and Solution Sales to qualify, build and maintain cash management pipeline
• Collaborate on account plans with Solution Sales Managers to identify sales opportunities in their portfolios and support origination of cash management opportunities
• Interface with the product organization on solutions and coordinate cross-product pricing
• Meet all sales management goals tied to pipeline management in CRM system, Deal Review and Implementation Project Kick-Offs
• Prepare and present client sales presentations
• Convert pipeline deals into actual sales wins through active negotiation with the client
• Work with Implementation and Account Managers to ensure deals closed are implemented effectively and efficiently to ensure quick revenue realization
• Actively share with Product Management new developments within the market updates and competitive landscape, while supporting new product development
• Work on key sale initiatives to proactively drive new sale opportunities
• Provide SME input to Proposals Unit to refine proposal quality
• Continuously grow product knowledge by participating in training and industry initiatives to keep abreast of developments and client influences
• Attend regular team and sales management meetings to report on performance
• Build network in TTS across relationship coverage teams (Solution Sales, Account Managers and Bankers), Product Management, Implementation, Client Service and Operations across all industry sectors
• Educational growth on all cash management products (domestic and global) and solution sets
• Continuously enhance client-facing skills and become Trusted Advisor
• Promote external profile in the market through thought leadership development
• Directly influence product development and packaging through regular interface with senior product management partners
• Potential to develop into management role as Team Lead or Sector Head
• Minimum of 5+ years' experience in Sales, Product management, or other relevant areas with business development experience
• Knowledge and awareness of recent digitization trends
• Advanced cash management and treasury services product knowledge
• Strong communication, influence and negotiation skills.
• Ability to develop trusted advisor status with clients.
• Ability to present/sell solutions to multiple levels within a client’s organization structure (including “C” level).
• Experience in delivering results and meeting individual financial goals
Background in digital payments, ecommerce and/or related customer coverage preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal internally and externally with clients
• Strong oral and writing skills
• Teamwork and Deadline Focused
• Presentation skills.
• B.S. Degree