TIAA Director of International Tax in New York, New York
As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we'll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA's mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you're not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference - a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/about-us/who-we-are-at-tiaa-cref .
This individual will provide oversight and guidance regarding various tax transparency initiatives, transfer pricing compliance and planning, international expansion activities, implications of tax reform as well as financial reporting and tax compliance matters. The potential locations for this role are New York, Charlotte, NC and Waltham, MA.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Represent Corporate Tax on international expansion initiatives and provide oversight and manage key issues relating to tax posture of foreign affiliates and joint ventures.
• Plan and coordinate our US and foreign tax positions such that TIAA achieves an optimal overall tax posture, including the implications of the recently enacted tax reform changes. .
• Provide guidance, oversight and manage certain aspects of our compliance with relevant BEPS initiatives, including Country by Country Reporting
• Teaming with our Transfer Pricing Senior Manager, engage in effective transfer pricing planning and meet US and local country transfer pricing standards for controlled transactions.
• Review international tax aspects of the various US tax provisions and federal tax compliance and provide guidance regarding process improvements
• Represent Corporate Tax in resolving IRS audit matters relating to international tax matters.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting required
8-12 years of experience in an international tax role with a focus on financial service entities
Public accounting or law firm experience required
Excellent research, documentation and communication skills
CPA or JD (with LLM) or Master’s Degree required
Accounting for Income Taxes
Transfer Pricing Experience
Understanding of BEPS requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Primary Location: NY-New York
Req ID: 1712484