Dow Chemical Analytical Specialist in Midland, Michigan
Corteva Agriscience™,Agriculture Division ofDowDuPont™has an exciting opportunity for an Analytical Specialist located in Midland, Michigan.
The candidate will support local and global analytical projects for Operations for both internal and external production sites. Support typically includes trouble shooting, method development and validation, method transfer to Quality Control labs, product integrity/cross-contamination analytical development, project leadership, as well as the refinement and execution of current analytical methodologies in the laboratory.
• Provide leadership in safety by setting the example to satisfy all safety and quality requirements
• Conduct analytical requests or route them to the appropriate service provider
• Provide expertise for troubleshooting analytical methods and instruments
• Perform routine and non-routine analyses and interpret and report analytical data
• Develop and implement improvements per the global analytical strategy
• Collaborate with a variety of people from different functions, multiple sites and disciplines across the Agricultural Division (R&D, Quality, Technology Center)
• Support sample plan optimization to meet the needs of stakeholders
• Perform method development, validation, and method transfer to Quality Control labs both internal and external
• Train others on analytical systems and technology
• Network with other technical personnel to stay current with analytical and process technologies and leverage technical solution(s)
• Evaluate new analytical capabilities
• Develop basic understanding of applicable manufacturing processes and chemistries
• Support root cause investigations (sometimes urgent) and join manufacturing problem solving teams where analytical expertise is needed
• Support out-of-specification evaluations
• Independently seek and identify project opportunities for analytical solutions to business problems
• Provide technical support to maintain ISO 17025 accreditation where applicable
• Working across plant laboratories supporting multiple products. This role provides analytical technical expertise, implements most effective technology, and improves analytical system performance and reliability in alignment with business / function / site analytical strategies
• Provide analytical expertise to resolve process, product, and analytical problems
• Network within and between the plant, business, functions, and R&D analytical groups across multiple sites
• BS with 5 or more years of relevant experience. Emphasis in analytical or organic chemistry are preferred
• Experience applying quantitative HPLC or GC techniques
• Experience in LC/MS or GC/MS techniques
• Experience in spectroscopic techniques (IR, UV, NIR)
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available
for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
We are excited to announce thatCorteva Agriscience™is the name of the new Agriculture Division ofDowDuPont™.We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system. At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com. The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin,ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.