Marriott Vacations Worldwide Senior IT Network Engineer in Lakeland, Florida
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
System Job Title: SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST
Leadership Role: INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTOR
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision-making process.
Specific Job Summary
This position is responsible for IT engineering activities such as design, procure, build and test Storage and Server IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for the overall IT enterprise Storage Infrastructure -- design, implementation and escalations.
- Perform engineering tasks related to IT enterprise Server Infrastructure.
- Services are global in nature and will participate for on-call project support as assigned.
- Provide engineering support for (including training of) IT Operations Staff.
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- -chieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Responsible for the overall enterprise IT storage infrastructure including all storage tiers and Storage Area Networks. Develop and support Operational procedures.
- Work closely with the IT operations staff on the administration of IT storage systems.
- Work with project teams and other groups by performing technical activities relating to server and storage requirements, including assessment / vetting of requirements and gap analysis.
- Provide feedback to processes for infrastructure design, system analysis, research, testing, and integration of storage and server technologies.
- Participate in developing, and ensure usage of, automation relating to storage and server technology builds, installs, and incremental changes ensuring effective baseline management and operational repeatability.
- Follows all MVW IT Administration, Change, Release, Incident, Problem, Security, and Configuration Management processes, policies, operating plans, and mandates.
- Work with MVW or external parties on matters relating to storage and server products and technologies as requested.
- Works with vendors to resolve issues as requested.
- Completes tasks assigned and project work within scope, priority, timelines, and budget.
- Continually increases knowledge of storage and server technologies.
Major Decision Making Impact:
- Participates in design and implementation of enterprise IT storage infrastructure.
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
A professional position with specific knowledge in Information Technology engineering discipline.
College degree and/or relevant experience required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- Technical Infrastructure
- Technical Specialization
- Technical Integration
- Technical Documentation
- Customer Service Orientation
- Global Orientation
- Project Management
- Analytical Ability
- Problem Definition and Resolution
- Communications (Listening, Persuasiveness, Oral, Written)
- Leadership (Impact, Involvement, Change Management)
- People (Team Orientation, Judgment, Interpersonal Relations, Results/Goal Orientation, Resiliency/Adaptability)
- Education - BA/BS degree or equivalent technical certification and experience
- Experience - Required 5-7 years' work experience in similar technical engineering position or having equivalent skills and experience. Experience must include 5 recent years working on IT storage product components and at least 4 years demonstrating competent abilities to independently handle server life cycle tasks. Support experience must include a global multi-site IT environment with non-stop operations and scalable deployments. Experience with HPE storage products and VMware a requirement.
Requires experience in the following skill sets:
- Must have a solid understanding and experience working on HPE storage products including HPE/3PAR, HPE MSA Storage, HPE Store Once appliances and Brocade SAN switches.
- Must have a solid understanding and experience in the design, configuration of an agile data center storage tiered architecture in a VMware environment.
- Must have experience and knowledge on IT Data Protection storage infrastructure -- including storage replication systems.
- Must have experience in supporting and troubleshooting storage performance issues, working directly with topologies, application integration with the infrastructure tier, high availability, capacity planning, root cause analysis, system analysis, and requirements gathering.
- Must have experience and knowledge of IT networking technologies including network services (DHCP, DNS, NTP) and well as protocols (TCP/IP) and networking devices (switches, routers, packet shapers, and WAN accelerators).
- Must have experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Knowledge and practical experience with IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator, PING Federate or IBM Web Seal a plus.
- Highly experienced with applying industry standard release and configuration management techniques for enterprise applications, with focus on build automation, validation, and scripting in an environment using HPE and VMware products.
- Must have a strong experience in working independently, demonstrating successful alignment to defined scope, budget, standards, and schedule.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication / technical documentation skills.
- Must have experience with Windows / Linux Servers and Desktop OS deployment on a VMware environment. VMware VDI/Horizon View a plus.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled