Sherwin-Williams IT Systems Specialist in Kingdom, United States
Title: IT Systems Specialist
Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Job Number: 18000AKP
Founded in 1866, The Sherwin-Williams Company is a global leader in the manufacture, development, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers. The company manufactures products under well-known brands such as Sherwin-Williams®, Valspar®, HGTV HOME® by Sherwin-Williams, Dutch Boy®, Krylon®, Minwax®, Thompson’s® Water Seal®, Cabot® and many more. Sherwin-Williams® branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 4,100 company-operated stores and facilities, while the company’s other brands are sold through leading mass merchandisers, home centers, independent paint dealers, hardware stores, automotive retailers, and industrial distributors. The company supplies a broad range of highly-engineered industrial and OEM coatings for wood and general industrial, coil, packaging, protective and marine, and transportation applications worldwide. Our 60,000 employees are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to find a career that takes you places.
Must be eligible to work in the country for which you are applying for employment.
Although the primary location mentioned is Liverpool it can be at any UK site.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The Service Assurance IT Systems Specialist is a skilled IT professional who has experience in supporting a broad user base across multiple sites. The role will report to the IT Manager Service Assurance West. The role will provide support for both hardware and software issues and will also be involved in projects across the region. Travel to other UK and EMEAI locations when required will also form part of the role.
• Under the supervision of the IT Service Assurance Manager West the IT System specialist will work to provide the best user support in region and be sure local and regional IT services meet business expectations.
• Works primarily from the helpdesk system for incidents and work orders and is the first point of contact for internal customers. Responsible for Telephone and remote support where needed, answering telephone calls and ensuring that these are logged in the
• Investigate and resolve customer, hardware, software and general system problems that require intermediate and general exposure to a variety of IT support issues.
• Responds to standard and complex inquiries and/or complaints by serving as a liaison between IT staff and internal customers to ensure satisfaction by co-ordinating communications, following up with problems, and serving as a contact point for internal customers.
• Assist with developing and delivering user training, documentation, operational guidelines and other areas that impact user understanding and operation.
• Assist with the service compliance of all IT and service assets, with a special focus on end user devices, desktops/laptops/phones/tablets in line with business guidelines (lifecycle) and regulatory requirements. They will be responsible for the accuracy of the information provided and for the replacement of those end user devices.
• Help to implement local/regional procedures and guidelines defined at EMEAI and Corporate level. This must be done in collaboration with the EMEAI and Corporate IT headquarters.
• Provide assistance with projects and works in conjunction with the service delivery team when necessary to complete regional projects
• Provide assistance for any projects driven from Corporate IT that can affect user activity from an IT point of view (new software deployment, new Client OS training, technology refresh)
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and some IT experience
• Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco
• ITIL framework knowledge or certification
• Project Management Skill
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Proven experience regarding the management of complex IT environments.
• In-depth Knowledge of Windows client based OS and Microsoft Office Suite and preferred expertise and experience on server OS (Vmware and Microsoft), DBMS (MS SQL Server) and communication networks.
• Successfully Managing complex IT environments and projects.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• All Microsoft OS for Clients and Servers
• Microsoft office suite
• Virtualization and & Voip knowledge
• Linux/Unix knowledge and experience
Who we are –
At Sherwin-Williams, we're proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
We are committed to positively promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. All applicants will be considered for employment on the basis of the job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits in meeting the requirements.