TRC Companies Construction Engineer in Greenville, South Carolina
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking an onsite Construction Engineer to join our growing Engineering, Construction and Remediation Practice. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and have a minimum 3 years experience supporting site construction and remediation projects. Performs daily tasks to monitor safety, quality, subcontractors' work performance and production associated with construction oversight. Performs required documentation and distributes and archives data for the project record in accordance with the communication plan. The individual is expected to be team-oriented and fully support Project Managers and engineering/construction teams. TRC is also seeking an individual with leadership skills, talent, and desire for career growth to become a construction Project Manager.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Work on multiple heavy civil/mechanical and remediation projects across the United States and Internationally, both in the field and in an office environment.
- Supports Site Safety: adheres to the project HASP, attends daily tailgate meetings, monitors construction activities for HASP compliance, performs daily SAFE WORK observations;
- Acts as the primary liaison with design/engineering: coordinates with design staff regarding the performance of job activities throughout the project duration, informs design staff of progress and changes and obtains approvals, supports material submittal and completed work review for compliance with the project requirements, maintains the project design and communication record at the site level;
- Supports the Construction Manager/Project Manager with daily construction work monitoring, progress tracking, materials/equipment procurement, subcontractor monitoring, daily and weekly report compilation;
- Documents subcontractor's work performance and coordinates certain field activities to facilitate site remediation and environmental construction projects;
- Implements the project Quality Management Plan: performs and documents required testing and inspections for self-performed and subcontracted work, informs Construction Manager and design team of all quality issues, manages Non-Conformance Reports and ensures all quality issues are resolved;
- Ensures compliance with municipal permits and prepares all required documentation and reporting;
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory plans (e.g., SWPPP, NPDES) and prepares all required documentation and reporting;
- Supports project monitoring plans (Air Quality, Noise, Dust, etc.);
- Assists Project Management in updating the project schedule, tracking deliverables, and maintaining various project logs;
- Attends project meetings as necessary;
- Miscellaneous duties as required or assigned
- Performance of at least one SAFE WORK observation per week throughout the project duration;
All records maintained in real time throughout the project duration and upon project completion:
Complete and organized submittal register;
- Complete and organized quality log including all necessary test and inspection data, NCRs, and documentation;
- Complete and organized communication log including all project transmittals;
- Complete and timely submittal and acceptance of project deliverables in accordance with the Requirements;
- Traceable, weekly schedule progress updates;
- Complete record of project daily field reports;
- Complete record of project weekly SWPPP inspections;
- Complete record of project permit compliance reports;
- Complete record of project monitoring plan reports
- Minimum 3 yearsof direct construction experience working in the field with heavy equipment and construction equipment operators and laborers.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively with the TRC design and client management team, Owner's on-site representative, other contractors, landowners, stakeholders and regulatory and government officials regarding the project, as required
- Focus on job site safety, quality, and customer satisfaction
In addition to the basic qualifications the qualifications below are highly desired but not required:
- Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 5 years direct construction experience with exposure to environmental remediation.
- Current passport
- Exposure to light mechanical work; primarily pumps and piping.
- Experience in environmental construction is desired inclusive of heavy civil remediation, soil blending, landfill closure, transportation and disposal.
- Experience with light demolition work such as tank, piping, and foundation demolition.
- Current OSHA and HAZWOPER training certifications.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trcsolutions.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Greenville, SC - GRN