Universal Forest Products Shipping & Receiving Forklift Operator in Gordon, Pennsylvania
- Minimum 9th grade basic education; preferred High school diploma (GED) or equivalent.
- Prefers 6 months to 1 year of experience driving a forklift or operating similar equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic math and inventory techniques
- Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a safe manner
- Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
- Ability to estimate approximate weight of material
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
- Ability to pay attention to surroundings
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
- Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
- Ability to frequently get on and off a forklift, to withstand operations in rough surfaces, to work in a wide range of weather condition, and operate a forklift for extended periods of time.
- Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
- Safety conscious
- Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example and positive attitude
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
- Punctual and reliable
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Loads and unloads trucks and rail cars
- Moves material and other products from storage to work areas and vice versa are required.
- Breaks packs to correct size and labels material before loading product on a truck or rail car
- Provides general preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Completes pre-shift/startup equipment checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
- Maintains yard organized and clean.
- Completes paperwork are required.
- Empty trash and wood hoppers.
- Follows forklift rules and policies as described by Company policy.
- Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled