Western Union Sr. Accountant in Englewood, Colorado
Job Title: Sr. Accountant
Requisition #: 1801934
Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So, if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Western Union Business Solutions is looking to fill a Senior Accountant position, at our Global Headquarters in Englewood, CO.
In this role you will be with responsible for the preparation of audited financial statements. You will also be responsible for maintenance of certain general ledger accounts relating to more complex or judgmental accounting. Strong interpersonal skills are critical to success in this role, as the position will require significant interaction with cross-functional and international accounting teams, as well as certain external stakeholders.
• Draft financial statements for standalone subsidiary entities in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS; manage the related external audit process from the Company's side. •Perform analysis on periodic results as a detective control for any accounting errors, reporting misstatement, or otherwise irregular results.
• Work with settlement and treasury system to do reporting, analysis and month-end close • Coach and review work of more junior staff
• Prepare and review journal entries for month end close process • Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations for monthly compliance
• Assist SEC reporting colleagues with quarterly & annual reporting requests, including preparations for disclosures in 10-Q and 10-K filings.
• Assist regulatory reporting colleagues with quarterly filings and support for regulatory audits.
• Work well with colleagues in Tax, Finance, Treasury, Internal Audit, and Operations
• Design and documentation of processes and procedures
• Identify and implement process improvements
• Work on and lead projects as required
• Some overtime will be required
• CPA and public accounting experience, minimum two busy seasons at the audit in-charge level.
• Strong competency in US GAAP, IFRS preferred.
•Technical accounting research skills.
• Derivative accounting (FX Forwards and Options) and multicurrency a plus
• Strong analytical skills, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid command of MS Excel and Word.
• Capacity to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
With a 160-year history of connecting people when it matters most, Western Union continues to shape the world in which we live. WU offers one of the easiest ways for families and friends to send money and stay connected almost anywhere in the world. We take pride in being close to our consumers. Together with our Agents, we speak our consumers' languages and live in our consumers' neighborhoods. As a result, our Agents and employees are more like ambassadors. They are ambassadors of trust.