Air National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC in Ellington AFB, Texas
This position is located in the AEngineering Installation Squadron (EIS), Vehicle Maintenance Section at the 147 ATKW, Ellington Field, Houston, TX. The purpose of this position is to serve as a Small Shop Chief (SSC) with the responsibility for the overall operations of a small shop. The position oversees and directs works of one or more Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic, WG-5803, who are assigned to the shop. The incumbent performs the full range of non-supervisory work of the shop.
Learn more about this agency
As a Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic with the Texas Air National Guard (ANG), your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Serve as a Small Shop Chief performing all of the following tasks:
- Plan and lay out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the individual and lower graded worker(s).
- Possess the knowledge and skills found at the journeyman level as well as those required for planning, accomplishing, and maintaining a functional shop maintenance program.
- Independently determine appropriate maintenance procedures such as how and when the work should be accomplished. Estimates manpower, equipment and material requirements.
- Devise and maintain all program plans and records, is skilled in surveillance and troubleshooting techniques, and is able to determine maintenance/repair procedures needed without benefit of technical supervisory guidance.
- Plan, organize, and direct shop maintenance programs/procedures under general supervision.
- Determine approaches, methods, and courses of action required to accomplish the mission of the shop in an effective and efficient manner.
- May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position description changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc.
- Perform the same type and level of work as performed within the unit..
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link: WG-5803-11, NGD0682000
- #### Job family (Series)
5803 Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
Appointment Factor(s): This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter at 832-632-1387 before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide. This includes:
- All current employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard and individuals eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard. Remarks:
- A 15% Recruitment Incentive is offered with this position with a 24 month service agreement.
- Direct deposit is mandatory.
- May be required to work shifts. Military Requirements:
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMD):Applicants need not be assigned to the position or possess the AFSC to apply or be considered; however, applicant must be Duty AFSC assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
AFSC:2T371 ?Rank/Grade Spread: Enlisted: SSGT/E-5 NTE MSGT/E-7
To qualify at the WG-11 grade level, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment experience reflecting at least 18 months experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experience in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on heavy mobile vehicles, equipment and systems.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
After you submit your application, return to your USAJOBS account to check the status of your application. Status updates are available on your profile dashboard. Your application will be reviewed to make sure you're eligible and meet the qualifications for the position. If qualifications are met, your application will be referred to the hiring official and your status will be updated to "Referred" on your profile dashboard. All other applicants (not being considered) will receive a "Not Referred" status.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume should include the following for related positions held:
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
- Other supporting documents: N/A
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10221545
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Human Resources Office
TX 147th Attack Wing 14657 Sneider St Houston, TX US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502061200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/12/2018 to 07/11/2018
Salary: $27.85 to $32.53 per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 11
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent