Marriott Director of Revenue Strategy in Doha, Qatar
Job Number 18002M60
Job Category Revenue Management
Location Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Doha, Qatar VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Functions as the strategic business leader of Revenue Strategy for multiple properties. Responsible for maximizing revenue and profit associated with rooms and function space in the hotels. Position is accountable for pricing, positioning and inventory management of transient, group and catering in the hotels. Oversees all the processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, inventory management and opportunity analysis. Works with General Manager(s) and property leadership to develop and implement hotel sales strategy. Identifies future revenue opportunities and effectively communicates strategies to the sales organization. Responsible for the Property’s Reservations Department.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years of experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years of experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Develops and executes strategic plans for all properties within portfolio.
• Provides market strategy expertise and leadership to general managers, property leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Develops the Business Outlook Strategy.
• Determines sales strategies and communicates to market sales leadership, marketing teams and property leadership.
• Establishes and maintains effective and rational pricing strategies for rooms and function space.
• Monitors the annual pricing process for transient, group and catering rooms in addition to function space and audio-visual pricing.
• Develops Club & Suite pricing by segment and works with sales and marketing team on determining the correct selling strategy for each segment and tracks efforts on a monthly basis
• Provides critical input to market leaders for development of property and overall market sales strategy.
• Verifies hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Verifies that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Manages inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Verifies property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
• Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Evaluates effectiveness of property participation in electronic sales channels.
• Analyzes competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality, mix and displacement on a continuous basis.
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Develops, Mentors and Coaches the Inventory Managers at all properties to deliver all inventory management and respective core deliverables
• Verifies that all reservation enquiries that come to the hotel via telephone, email or fax are processed in a timely and accurate manner to capture demand data for the hotel.
• Verifies that the Reservation Team Leader is fully trained and is leading the reservation team agents to be able to meet company and brand Standards for all reservation enquiries.
• Schedules the staffing for the department to provide appropriate coverage.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works with Inventory Managers at each property to prepare Strategy Meeting Presentations and supporting analysis
• Identifies and communicates revenue and profit opportunities to property leadership teams and sales organization.
• Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation and leads property and/or cluster meetings.
• Develops 6-month, 12-month and 2-year strategic action plans for management of cluster transient revenues.
• Works with Market VP, Market GM and property GMs to assist in pricing analyses for all products in Market.
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
• Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.