Kiewit Corporation Safety Coordinator - Central in Denver, Colorado
Date: May 7, 2018
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 74524
Kiewit’s Central District, one of Kiewit’s largest infrastructure districts, constructs and upgrades interstates, highways, bridges, airport runways, taxiways and associated facilities across the US. We require our employees to be open to relocation across the United States.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and operations of the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures. They also conduct training, new hire orientation and Safety Meetings. This position is responsible for monitoring all construction work for compliance with safety requirements.
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at infrastructure construction projects
• Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Embody the Kiewit approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Safety, Engineering or related field plus 7+ years’ construction environment safety experience OR Equivalent educational or work experience preferred.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification preferred.
• Ability to work in heavy construction site environment interacting effectively with staff and craft.
• Ability and willingness to relocate to project sites across the USA and/or Canada for an extended period of time.
• Travel in the U.S. to extended project assignments.
Fast-paced project site and project office environment; Working outdoors in ambient conditions. Interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift, climb and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Safety Engineer, Compliance, Engineering, Legal