Salesforce.com, Inc Lead Software Engineer - Integration Middleware in Dallas, Texas
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
The Salesforce IT Enterprise Integration Team is seeking a Lead Integration Middleware Developer to join the team developing integration solutions on our best-of-class integration platform. Your contribution to these integrations will directly impact mission-critical business processes that run our business.
As a Lead Integration Middleware Developer, you will be responsible for both hands-on coding and lead a team of 1 to 2 software engineers to design, implement and test data integration solutions that meet the objectives for the project assignments. The ideal candidate must have the ability to create integration application interfaces using the Mule ESB (Enterprise Service Bus) platform to deliver fast, reliable, and scalable integration code. You must have solid programming experience using a combination of Mule, Java, XPath, and XSL/T in order to deliver your solutions. This role requires that you develop through all phases of the development lifecycle, including writing automated unit and functional tests. You will need to be able to solve problems quickly and deliver elegant technical solutions for them. You will also be required to mentor team members, both full-time and contingent, to share knowledge and increase the competency of the team
.To be successful in this position, you must be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work under pressure, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while keeping a good sense of humor. You must possess good verbal communication and written documentation skills and be able to collaborate effectively with other team members. You will also be asked to contribute ideas and provide feedback on many aspects of the team’s project portfolio that may be outside your domain of expertise.
• Deliver high-quality solutions using Mule ESB, Java, RabbitMQ, Oracle Exadata and XML technologies
.• Independently research and design integration solutions by documenting individual modules and/or components to explain their function, responsibility, and execution per the project and business requirements.
• Work with various Project Managers across the organization to help with the project and release planning efforts for your projects.
• Deliver high quality, well-written code that is quickly understood and easily supported and maintained by others.
• Independently execute and deliver new or extend integration frameworks to implement features that are of medium to high complexity.
• Implement automated unit and functional test cases to support code and project requirements for use with our Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline.
• Oversee one or more contingent workers ensuring development standards are being met and project work is progressing to meet project timelines.
• Use Agile methodologies, such as XP, Scrum, Kanban, and Lean to deliver features to production.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with team members clearly and precisely, verbally and written within the Lean-Agile IT framework to meet sprint planning objectives.
• Cultivate highly effective relationships with internal business partners such as product management, technical teams, systems operations, and service and support.
• Cultivate a learning environment by mentoring team members that are less experienced or less knowledgeable to increase their skills or knowledge, and ultimately their effectiveness on the team
.• Understands trends, technical developments in the broader industry and how those can be applied within the organization.
• Present and communicate complex ideas and features to a broad audience.
• Independently perform interviews to determine hiring recommendations based on technical competency and team effectiveness.
• 7 years demonstrated experience programming with Java and writing JUnit tests
• 5 years experience developing robust, scalable and performant data integrations with Mule ESB (or equivalent) platform
• Experience writing SQL for Oracle 11g databases
• Excellent working knowledge of XSLT and XPath expressions & functions
• Experience integrating with B2B Web Services, such as Salesforce and Workday
• Experience using GitHub as a source control repository
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!