Curtiss-Wright Corporation Swiss Machinist - 2nd Shift in Chanhassen, Minnesota
The Opportunity | Swiss Machinist -- 2nd shift Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision components while meeting time standards and minimizing scrap. Fabricate and modify components applying knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machining components.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools to perform precision machining operations.
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Measure, examine, or test completed units to check for defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments, such as micrometers.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, or manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock to display placement of cuts.
- Trade school degree in machining and 2 years of experience, or at least 4 years of experience
- Ability to run Citizen Lathes or other Swiss CNC lathes
- Ability to run a Haas Tool Room Mill (TM1) is desired. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Position is based in a Machine Shop environment, which entails regular exposure to dirt, dust, noise, machine chemicals, fumes, and other attributes common to this environment.
- Ability to stand for extended lengths of time is required; bend, reach, stoop and twist as required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled