Newell Brands Senior Demand Planner - Outdoor and Recreation in Brampton, Canada
Senior Demand Planner
LOCATION : Brampton, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Director Sales Operations
POSITION OVERVIEW :
The Senior Demand Planner is responsible for maintaining and overseeing the demand plan for key accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSAND RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Develop and maintain a by-customer, by-item demand plan using POS analysis, statistical tools, intelligence gathering and internal/externa collaboration.
· Track performance and provide analysis of actual versus demand plan.
· Work closely with Sales, Channel Marketing, to identify trends and refine the demand plan.
· Maintain 12-month promotional calendar in conjunction with Sales and Marketing. Controlling, communicating, and administering New Item introduction as required.
· Maintain KPI’s of forecast accuracy and bias. Provide analysis and reports as required in support of KPI improvement.
· Assist in the allocation of short products in conjunction with Marketing and Supply Chain leaders.
· Monitor and improve processes to enable forecast sales accuracy.
· Deliver a strong forecast mindset and champion this throughout the Sales and Marketing organization.
· Lead, train and mentor the developing Demand Planning resources in the daily, weekly and monthly tactical approach to reduce customer/item level errors and bias.
· Conduct monthly consensus forecast meetings.
· Participate and represent the Demand Planning team during key market level, cross-functional interaction points (Allocation review, S&OP meeting, etc.).
Supervise Others: No
Expected Travel: Minimal, some travel may be international
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
· A Bachelor’s/University degree in Business.
· A minimum of 3 years of Demand Planning/Supply Chain experience.
· Demonstrated ability to utilize quantitative and analytical skills to assess business situations and solve problems.
· Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
· Experience using an ERP/Demand Planning software system.
· ACPIS/SCMP Certification.
· Experience in SAP/R3, APO, BW.
About The ColemanCompany – a Newell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life
Coleman, the number one brand in outdoor recreation products, is a dynamic, market-facing company known worldwide for outdoor recreation products that are simple, fun, and reliable. Coleman has been fostering the connections made between family and friends through outdoor activity for over 116 years, and we continue to push for innovation and integrity as new and exciting products are developed.
As a global company with offices worldwide Coleman practices operational excellence in everything we do, constantly looking to optimize worldwide logistics and move towards a global operations model that maximizes performance and customer satisfaction. Coleman Team Members have the chance to make a real impact in their careers and in our communities. With access to a vast network of resources. The opportunity for growth is here for those with the vision and the drive to be number one. To learn more about Coleman and our products visit our website at www.coleman.com at http://www.coleman.com/
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live,learn, work and play .
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at 289-291-5655 at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on the Company’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) during your orientation process.