Citi Application Support Intermediate Analyst in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18028617
The Simpliciti and OneRisk application support group provides technical and business support for Citi’s Primary Risk platform. Products supported include Rates, Credit, Municipals and Securitized products. The core function of Simpliciti is to price G10 trades for the bank. Simpliciti uses Derivatives Pricing (DP) to calculate risk and this makes it possible for the app to price a wide range of financial products.
The Simpliciti / OneRisk suite of applications are business critical, providing risk calculation and maintenance for Trading, Sales, Middle Office and Operations, encompassing Rates, Credit Derivatives trade and risk flows, Cash Bond / Swaps trading and Mortgage-Backed Securities.
Role / Position Overview
In this role, you will liaise closely with your colleagues in the New York, Belfast, London, Shanghai and Singapore to ensure 24 x 5 coverage of the application. As a member of the North America Support team – you will be required to provide on-site cover between the hours or 07:00 and 19:00 EST to cover business start-up and close, and any additional demands of the business. You will be expected to cover occasional requirements to provide weekend coverage on a rotational basis to support releases cycles, and participate in disaster recovery testing
• Provide user support for critical risk platform.
• Support all aspects of Cash, Derivatives, Credit, Municipals, MBS trade and risk flows including SOD? EOD/ Intraday risk and regulatory reporting.
• Start of day checks, continuous monitoring of application and underlying infrastructure and regional handover at end of day.
• Perform same day and next day risk break analysis and reconciliations.
• Expected to be able to raise problems to appropriate technology and business teams, while adhering to Service Level Agreements.
• Develop and maintain technical support documentation.
• Act as a liaison between users/traders, interfacing internal technology groups and vendors.
• Participate in application releases, from development, testing and deployment into production.
• Perform post release checkouts after application releases and infrastructure updates.
• Active involvement in and ownership of Support Project items, covering Stability, Efficiency, and Effectiveness initiatives.
• Cooperation with Development colleagues to prioritize bug fixes and support tooling requirements.
• Ensure all productions issues are logged and updated as per the Support team policies and procedures.
Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams.
• Markets knowledge across a number of financial markets (Rates, Municipals, Global Securitized Markets, Mortgages among others)
• New technologies such as Mongo, Kafka, KDB among others
• Exposure to a global financial institution
• Global follow the sun support model experience
• Working knowledge of Oracle SQL. (Able to build ad hoc SQL queries)
• Working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris/Linux). (Able to navigate the system and know the core administration functions)
• Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012 (Able to navigate the system and know the core administration functions)
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• IT (spreadsheet/analytical/modeling skills)
• Positive attitude and keen to learn.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under stress and time constraints.
• Basic Business knowledge/ understanding of financial markets and products.
• Experience with Messaging Technologies (TIBCO EMS / Kafka / RabitMq a plus)
• Experience with real-time monitoring systems such as ITRS Netagent
• Job scheduling tool such as Autosys.
• Issue tracking and reporting using tools such as JIRA
• Knowledge/ experience of problem Management Tools.
Good all-round PC skills. (I.e. Windows OS / Networks / General Hardware)
• Ability to communicate well verbally and written at all levels
• Strong organizational skills
• Self-motivated and dedicated
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.