Hyatt Farm Department Lead in AUSTIN, Texas
Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, a challenge course, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking a Farm Department Lead to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening in Fall 2018. The Farm Lead provides crucial administrate and clerical support for the Farm, serves as a Lead and guide for our Farm Field Laborers, and will be involved in the facilitation of Farm specific programming as needed. This will include serving as the communication liaison, maintaining schedules and calendars, attending meetings and following up on action items, acting as secondary project manager for planning and implementing of time-specific farm tasks, and helping serve as the point person for the Cypress Creek property. In addition to these duties, this position will provide Farm labor as needed/available.
Cypress Creek Farm is a ten-acre operation created in 2012 to support Miraval Austin Resort and Spa. The farm hosts a progressive equine program, sustainable vegetable production farm, free range chicken coop, an apiary, and a medicinal herb garden. It utilizes permaculture practices to support the soil’s microbial life and demonstrate thoughtful stewardship.
The farm’s mission is to provide guests a unique and memorable connection to land and life force. Miraval’s farm guests enjoy classes, private consultations, and lectures six days a week. Profound personal and collective improvements are possible at the farm, where guests can be intimate with the living systems related to their food production and total wellbeing in a way that highlights the terroir of the Texas hill country. All of the produce grown is featured in the hotel’s farm-to-table restaurant, and the farm’s herbs are grown and crafted for the hotel’s world class proprietary spa services.
As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
* General Operational & Administrative Skills – Purchasing, scheduling, coordinating delivery of herbs to the Spa, and overseeing the delivery of produce to the on-property restaurant. * Field Operational Support – Provide guidance and training to Farm labor and work the fields as needed. * Program Facilitation – Facilitate and co-facilitate Farm related programs and lectures as needed. Participate in available training to increase program facilitation knowledge as needed. Qualifications Qualified candidates must present a professional demeanor, have agricultural and farm experience, have excellent communication skills, be adaptable, and demonstrate leadership skills. Additional qualifications include - * Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays * Must be able to work outside in all types of weather conditions including heat, cold, wind, sun and dust for extended period of time * Must be able to perform all tasks associated with farming including ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 lbs. * Must have valid driver’s license * CPR/First Aid Certified/Wilderness First Aid preferred or ability to become certified within 30 days of start date Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Diversified Sustainable annual production: 2 years field experience
- Agricultural Farm Operations : 5 years field experience
- Permaculture Modeled Landscape Design Certified : 1 years field experience
- Hospitality experience: 2 years
- Management experience: 2 years
- Bio-Region relevant agricultural experience: 2 years
- Integrative Wellness related focus
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: Miraval Austin Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Hourly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Golf and Recreation
Req ID: AUS004001