US Foods Diesel Fleet Mechanic - 3rd Shift in Altoona, Pennsylvania
Work on USF fleet equipment, to include troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e. tractors, trailers, bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.)
Diesel Fleet Mechanic, for 3rd shift:
This is a diesel mechanic position for US Foods in Altoona, PA; involves repairs, PM's and associated work orders on tractor-trailer fleet at the Altoona warehouse. Will be a 3rd shift position, Sunday through Thursday nights. Full time, with comprehensive benefits package. Hourly with overtime. Duties include:
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts accountability.
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with workplace safety rules and regulations and governmentguidelines.
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Requires: Class A CDL (at time of hire or within 6 months of employment); Brake certification; truck inspection certification; diesel mechanic (heavy equipment) certification (or equivalent experience and willingness to obtain)
Experience (Minimum Needed): 1 year in diagnosis and repair of fleet equipment
Specialized Knowledge Needed for Performance of Job: DOT regulations as they related to equipment maintenance and records.
DEF/after treatment expertise preferred
Other: Have own tools and tool box.
Most work performed indoors in garage setting, with occasional outdoor work; seasonal hot and cold temperatures; Able to work in a setting that involves noise due to operation of equipment; fumes from diesel fuel and solvents; exposure to hot surfaces when working on equipment; involves frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and gripping; Requires frequent standing, walking and climbing, occasional sitting. Must be able to lift frequently 5 to 50 lbs.; occasionally up to 80 lbs.
Primary Location: Altoona-PA
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Night Job
Job Function: Maintenance
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time