Citi The Manager for Independent Validation Team in Warsaw, Poland
Primary Location: Poland,Mazowieckie,Warsaw
Education: Master's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17057832
The Manager for Independent Validation team will have responsibility to oversight independent validation on anti-money laundering (AML) models, statistical analyses and optimization of the transaction monitoring system.
• Oversight independent validation of complex predictive models (decision trees, linear regressions, models for binary outcome) within the agreed schedule and ensure execution follows the global methodology and is in compliance with model governance policy, guidelines and OCC requirements.
• Build an effective team assuring capacity to address business needs. Identify and develop talents and prepare succession plans for key positions in the team.
• Coach and supervise juniors, give directions, ensure the quality of analysis and work done and raise the standard of juniors to the next level of excellence and maturity.
• Innovate and generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data. Identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research. Question and validate assumptions and status quo. Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in terms of methodology and processes.
• Think outside the box and look for new methods to constantly improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the AML Detection, Monitoring and Operations systems and processes used in Citi.
• Document solutions and present results in a simple comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more formal documentation using statistical vocabulary.
• Maintain an industry leading knowledge of the tools, systems and processes available for best in class AML Detection and Monitoring Operations
• Ensure Data Quality and Reliability.
• Distribute validation reports and consult with model and business owners and other stakeholders such as senior management, on model validation results.
• Experience in managing a team
• Demonstrates a strong understanding and application of analytical techniques
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, through all levels of the organization.
• Self-motivated with the ability and maturity to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions
• Methodical analysis and problem-solving skills
• Able to coordinate and deal with various level and conflicting time demands
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in SAS and / or R software
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, and Data Marts/Data Warehouses.
• Statistical/data analytical skills - including both calculation and interpretation of outcome
• Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and conference calls
• Understanding of technical requirements, ability to communicate with Technical Support
• Experience in designing AML detection and monitoring systems is a plus
• Experience with very large transactional systems. Knowledge of Mantas will be considered as asset.
• Master degree in statistics/mathematics/technical science I
To our Employees we offer:
· Opportunity of professional development in the international and well-established company
· Learning opportunities and challenging assignments in which you can utilize your knowledge
· Competitive social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance and other)
· Chance for a career evolution within Citi business structures
· Citi provides wide breadth of opportunities within Poland and globally for outstanding candidates: management career within CSC Poland or client/product role within other locations in EMEA