Accenture Pipeline Pilot Developer in Walnut Creek, California
Title: Pipeline Pilot Developer Location: USA-West Job Number: 00524858
Do you want to work where scientific innovation meets leading-edge technology? Join Accenture Scientific Informatics Services and help our clients apply digital technologies to revolutionize scientific and laboratory processes.
Accenture Scientific Informatics Services combines the scientific and laboratory informatics expertise of LabAnswer with Accenture’s strategic and business consulting capabilities, industry platforms, innovation approach and global scale to help transform how scientific and laboratory processes are conducted across a variety of industries—helping make them faster, more efficient and more effective than ever before.
Leveraging digital technologies such as automation, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, analytics and cloud, in combination with a fundamental redesign of the scientific user experience, Accenture Scientific Informatics Services helps organizations better capture, manage, integrate and analyze complex scientific data. This can improve the discovery and manufacturing of new products, improve quality, ensure compliance, reduce time to market and improve operational efficiency.
As an Accenture Scientific Informatics Services Consultant you will be exposed to the technologies and processes that many leading US companies and government agencies utilize. We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
Under moderate supervision from a more senior developer:
· Perform basic configuration of laboratory informatics systems
· Develop simple software functionality
· Develop simple reports (fixed format)
· Write and Perform Unit Tests
· Write periodic status / progress reports
· Perform more complex configuration of laboratory information systems
· Develop more complex software functionality but with limited scope
· Write basic SQL queries using relational database concepts and schema design principles
· Integrate laboratory instruments with scientific software packages
· Participate in peer reviews of code for coding standards, best practices, functionality, error handling, etc.
· Develop more complex and dynamic reports
· Participate in requirements analysis process with client stakeholders
· Break complex processes into smaller achievable pieces
· Lead and mentor Junior BA-Developers
· Integrate scientific applications with other scientific or non-scientific applications
· Install Pipeline Pilot Client and configure to connect to appropriate Pipeline Pilot server(s)
· Basic navigation of Client user-interface
· Understand basic functionality to create simple protocols to read, filter, and manipulate data records
· Write basic PilotScript (data properties, datatypes, looping, conditional statements)
· Know the basics of the Reporting and Visualization Component collection and be able to generate simple reports
· Know how to save and run protocols from Web Port
· Ability to debug and troubleshoot protocols utilizing the tools provided by the client
· Understand advanced functionality and scripting to author, read, and manipulate protocols
· Take leading role in requirements analysis process with client stakeholders
· Transform client requirements into design solutions
· Develop complex algorithms and software designs
· Design and Develop reusable utility / library software for general use
· Perform simple database optimization
· 4 Year degree in an applicable field
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong logical / analytical thinking
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
· 3-5 years of software development experience in Laboratory Informatics projects
· 3-5 years of experience working in regulated environments
· 5 years of consulting experience with continuous increase in responsibility and technical competence
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Job: Business & Technology Integration