Washington State Homeless Housing Performance Specialist (07423) in Olympia, Washington
Are you someone that wants to work with a team to improve lives for people without housing in Washington State?
Do you want to be the one championing homeless system performance measures to move Commerce toward better policy and funding decisions?
If so, we want you to apply!
This position will serve as the agency's new homeless housing performance specialist and will be the agency expert for developing state homeless system performance measures and benchmarks, evaluating compliance using quantitative and qualitative data, and meeting the new legislatively required reporting requirements. The specialist will also direct technical assistance and training efforts within county government homeless system and with direct service providers. Duties
- Development of homeless system performance measures.
- Interpret legislative policy requirements and Strategic Plan to recommend development of key performance measures.
- Examine and test fidelity of necessary data sources to meet measures.
- Develop performance based funding and contract language.
- Expert advice and consultation, directing and championing performance measures so that grant managers, grantees and stakeholder understand how evaluating performance will move us toward evidence based policies.
- Create and implement process/tools and evaluate compliance with performance.
- Educate statewide, program managers and grantees on compliance metrics.
- Develop and implement timeline for evaluation, process for review and plan to communicate results.
- Recommendation of statewide compliance.
- Deliver technical assistance to low performing and non-compliant grantees.
- Develop technical assistance plan with grant managers to support low performing and non-compliant grantees return to compliance.
- Champion technical assistant so that grantees are performing at their highest abilities and understand how their best work contributes to reduction in homelessness.
- Direct development of county report cards and dashboards.
- Consultation statewide with counties, grantees and legislature on metrics.
- Evaluate performance and provide technical assistance to counties and stakeholders on how to use county performance report cards.
- Manage biennial Technical Assistance (TA) and Training calendar.
- Procures trainers and manages contracts. Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree in social sciences, social work or public policy areas AND one year of experience in program evaluation AND four years, experience in delivery of homeless housing assistance and services and an understanding of best practices. _Equivalent combination of education and experience will be evaluated on a year for year basis._
- Knowledge of and experience with homeless and housing assistance content areas in research and evaluation and/or other areas of public policy overlapped with social welfare.
- Familiarity with the federally required HUD System Performance Measures for Continuums of Care.
- Demonstrated skills in providing technical assistance on best practices to improve homeless service performance.
- Experience using and analyzing Homeless Management Information System data or equivalent experience with a protected client database.
- Demonstrated project management and analytical skills including using Homeless Management Information System to evaluate performance.
- Demonstrated subject matter advocacy/champion skills with ability to present complex information to diverse audiences.
- High personal motivation, self-management, and detail-orientation.
- Ability to take responsibility in meeting deadline and making progress without direct supervision.
Collaborative team member that values diversity and inclusion and can work effectively and positively to bridge and understand the barriers that can lead to inequities. *Preferred/Desired Qualifications: *
Master's level coursework in advanced research methods and statistical analysis.
- Experience with contract management, competitive procurements.
- Experience with Microsoft 2010
- Experience with Tableau software; building reports and dashboards. Supplemental Information
I want to work for Commerce! How do I apply? In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position;
- A current resume detailing experience and education; and
- A list of at least three professional references. The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. For questions about this recruitment, please contact Kathy Kinard at (360) 725-2939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are:
At Commerce, we're a little different. Our Olympia offices are open Monday through Friday. Many of our employees bike year round. We also have an active bicycle loaner program.
Washington State offers commuting programs, including free, subsidized and reduced public transportation incentives. There are approximately 300 employees in our agency. We are committed to our work and value balance in our personal lives. We hire people for a position and encourage them to train for growth opportunities.
What we do:
We are the lead state agency charged with enhancing and promoting sustainable community and economic vitality in Washington. We administer a diverse portfolio of more than 100 programs and several state boards and commissions, all focused on achieving one clear and simple mission: to grow and improve jobs in Washington.
Our key customers include businesses, local governments and community-based organizations. We also play the crucial role of convening numerous local, state, regional and federal partners and stakeholders, public and private. Together we work to support the Governor's priorities and achieve shared goals and objectives for the citizens of Washington.
Not from Olympia?
As the state's capitol, Olympia is located off Interstate 5 at the south end of the Puget Sound roughly half-way between Seattle and Portland, and less than a two hour drive to the coast, temperate rainforest, mountains, urban city, or farmlands. With year-round art festivals, parades, theater shows, concerts, and community events, Olympia and its surrounding cities have something for everyone. For parents, it boasts some of the best schools in the nation and the renowned HandsOn Children's Museum. Home to two universities (The Evergreen State College and Saint Martin's University), Olympia residents also have the opportunity to pursue a degree while working!
This position is covered by a union security provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to become members of the Washington Federation of State Employees, or pay other representational fees within the first 30 days of employment.
*Also this recruitment may be used for future openings up to 6 months.
*The Washington State Department of Commerce complies with the employment eligibility verification requirements of the federal Form I-9. The selected candidate must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States consistent with the requirements of that form on the first day of employment. *
The Washington State Department of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application, testing, or interview process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call Human Resources at (360) 725-2650. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $4,737.00 - $6,217.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Commerce
Job Number: 2017-07423
Closing: 8/25/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact