Vanderbilt University Medical Center Monitor Tech- Cardiology Stepdown/VAD Transplant Unit (7 North)- FT Nights- VUMC in Nashville, Tennessee
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 5546
Job Stream Description: Support/Technical
Provides technical support for the acquisition and interpretation of cardiac tracings needed to diagnose or rule-out cardiac disease in an inpatient population using hardwired or wireless cardiac monitoring equipment. May also provide oversight of pulse oximetry monitoring.
Assures that patients who require oversight of cardiac monitoring are accurately admitted to the monitoring software system.
Acquires, measures, and provides initial interpretation of electrocardiogram waveforms per protocol and upon request from providers and/or nurses. Imports waveforms into the patient's electronic medical record.
Identifies and communicates abnormal and/or significant changes in cardiac rhythms and pulse oximetry readings to the unit staff in the appropriate time frame per protocol.
Notifies unit staff of leads off and low batteries.
Serves as a resource to unit staff for lead placement, equipment management and troubleshooting of telemetry and cardiac monitoring equipment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
MEDICAL DEVICES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Has training, direct exposure, limited experience, or past experience installing and repairing simple and well-defined problems with the equipment. Able to read simple schematics and other instructions for installing and repairing equipment.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION - (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate medical terminology and documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
CARDIAC MONITORING (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to effectively monitor cardiac rhythms in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
DATA INTERPRETATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate data interpretation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team’s performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
High School Diploma or GED and 1 year relevant experience. Attends the cardiac rhythm interpretation course and successfully completes the required exam and/or has one year of experience and successfully completes the required exam.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Light Work category requiring exertion up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Organization: 7N Inpatient Cardiology 40 212119
Title: Monitor Tech- Cardiology Stepdown/VAD Transplant Unit (7 North)- FT Nights- VUMC
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Requisition ID: 1708581