Celgene Regional Medical Liaison Multiple Sclerosis - Bremen, Oldenburg, Münster in Munich, Germany
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
• Extensive experience in Medical Affairs and/or drug development supporting specialty care compounds/products required.
• Several years clinical or medical affairs experience in inflammation/immunology; MS therapeutic area experience highly desirable.
• Value proposition knowledge desirable.
• Business travel of more than 50% is required.
The Regional Medical Liaison (RML) is a member of a field-based team of scientists who function as an extension of the EMEA Medical Affairs organization. RMLs are responsible for developing and enhancing professional relationships with medical thought leaders involved in various phases of product development. RMLs provide medical information through scientific exchange in a fair-balanced manner and provide clinical/scientific support for Celgene and the EMEA Medical Affairs department. The emphasis of this position is the close collaboration with MS experts, Clinical R&D, CROs and medical affairs functions to ensure that Celgene becomes a partner to the Neurology community. As appropriate the RML will have responsibility to provide insights and education to HCPs on Celgene products and the medical value they deliver.
This is a field-based position and requires professionals with established credibility to interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 50%.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following :
Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to Celgene.
Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community and healthcare provider setting in both group and one-on-one settings.
Collaborate with the Clinical organization to enhance patient enrolment in Celgene-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies (as required).
Act as a primary liaison to investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research.
Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with regional and national plans of action (POAs).
Assist in the reconnaissance of Market landscape determination and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific. information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
Good understanding of in-country market access environment.
Provide scientific support at medical congresses.
• Strong identification with Celgene’s values.
• Completed Bachelor’s degree.
• Extensive experience in Medical Affairs and/or drug development supporting specialty care compounds/products.
• Clinical/protocol experience needed.
• Current working knowledge of local (several countries or territory), legal, regulatory, and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to industry interactions with health-care professionals.
• Ability to effectively partner and maintain relationships within the medical community.
• Ability to work cross functionally especially with market access and commercial teams.
• Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and impactful presentations.
• Superior interpersonal and organizational skills with high emotional intelligence. Excellent listener; inclusive, seeks broad input and feedback; frequent and effective feedback/follow-up.
• Ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments.
• Overnight business travel of more than 50% is required.
• Completed MD, DO, PharmD, MSN, PhD or MS in a scientific discipline.
• Several years clinical or medical affairs experience in inflammation/immunology; MS therapeutic area experience.
• Value proposition knowledge.
• MS experience.
• Good command of English.
Regional Medical Liaison Multiple Sclerosis - Bremen, Oldenburg, Münster
Location: Munich, BY, DE
Job ID: 17001485