Abacus Solutions Group, LLC Desktop Support Specialist in Fort Sam Houston, Texas
As a Desktop Support Specialist at the Network Enterprise Center, you will provide information technology support to IMCOM.
- Provide support to interoperable and integrated standard common user office automation desktop software as approved for use by the Army Golden Master program.
- Provide on-site desktop, software, and peripheral support for NIPRNet and SIPRNet customers; priority support for command staff, unit control center, and directors; report significant outages and/or customer issues to appropriate management personnel.
- Resolve desktop problems via Remote Control; add/delete accounts and reset passwords as needed; assist with Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) remediation.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, relocate, and repair desktops, Personal Digital Assistant (e.g. Blackberry) devices, and printers.
- Identify network problems affecting users and work with appropriate Tier II or III administrators to restore to optimum service.
- Interface with the team lead to receive support priorities.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware related issues.
Ensuring problem tickets are addressed in a timely manner and that ticket escalation procedures are followed according to policies and standards. Required skills:
Ability to troubleshoot and resolve client side connectivity issues (network/VPN).
- In-depth knowledge of the most recent version of Microsoft Operating System, Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Win7, Microsoft Office Professional 2010), and other common desktop applications such as Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Forms, Tumbleweed, etc.; ability to quickly learn unique GOTS applications.
- The ability and knowledge to support multiple peripheral devices within the ARSOUTH campus.
The ability and knowledge to support mobile devices (Blackberries, Wi-Fi and Air cards, iPads, and Android and Windows based tablets). Education and experience:
A CompTIA Security+ CE is required for consideration.
- Bachelors’ degree and 0-2 years’ experience, or HS diploma with 6-8 years’ experience.
- Excellent customer service skills; project a positive image and professional manner at all times; ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule.
- Knowledge and experience communicating desktop support concepts to technical and non-technical personnel; ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Location: Fort Sam Houston, TX
Date Posted: 08-11-2017