Cardinal Health Advisor, Generic Strategic Pricing and Data Analytics in Dublin, Ohio
Advisor, Gx Strategic Pricing Monitoring
What Strategic Pricing contributes to Cardinal Health
Strategic Pricing is responsible for developing, communicating and leading the execution of business strategy and customer profitability through pricing and value-capturing activities at both the strategic and tactical levels. Serves as an effective liaison with senior executive management, marketing, legal, finance, sales, and IT.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with pricing processes, systems, and controls and implements as necessary.
- Prepares, manipulates and extracts data and information from multiple internal and external sources and leverages to develop and execute pricing strategies
- Demonstrates knowledge of customer deal economics, financial modeling techniques, and related pricing strategies.
- Works effectively across functions such as IT, Marketing and Finance to design and implement new or enhancements to existing processes, systems, and tools.
- Communicates effectively across the organization regarding profitization opportunities and key pricing insights.
- Develops, communicates and monitors price recommendations and guardrails for deals and products by performing basic pricing analysis or leveraging and synthesizing advanced analytics of internal and external intelligence.
- Develops, implements and maintains pricing programs designed to enhance pricing margin.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of item-level and customer-level pricing that compliments the overall go-to-market strategies at an organizational and class of trade levels
- Lead the development of policies, monitoring processes, and controls for item-level pricing operations
- Execute item-level pricing operation controls and measure success against established guidelines and benchmarks
- Effectively drive a highly visible project of large scope that may have significant and long term impacts on the organizational selling strategy
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
- Previous exposure to Pricing / Business Controls a plus
- Commercial / Business partnering experience a plus
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.