Arconic Engineer III (Tool Design) in City of Industry, California
Engineer III (Tool Design)
Business Unit Group:
Engineered Products and Solutions
Designs a wide variety of tools, fixtures and components consistent with standard tool configuration, including cutting and forming tools. Works with engineering and manufacturing to identify problems with performance or tool life and recommends and implements solutions or enhancements. Develops and maintains Tool Design and Drawing Standards. Studies specifications and confers with engineering and shop personnel to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost of tools. Applies mathematical formulas and standard tool engineering data to develop tool configuration. Selects standard items for incorporation into tool design where possible. Draws preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings. Modifies tool designs according to trial or production service data to improve tool life or performance. Configures and maintains ePDM, vault, and SolidWorks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Designs a wide variety of tools, fixtures and components, including cutting and forming tools.
• Prepare drawings, change notices, specifications and inspection standards.
• Verify and enhance product performance through layout, stress analysis and testing.
• Investigate manufacturing problems and recommend corrective action.
• Interaction with manufacturing, Tool Prep, tool vendors, inspection and other department supervisors or managers to solve and correct existing and expected manufacturing problems.
• Recommends new tool or fixture materials, as necessary, to improve quantity and quality and to cut production costs.
• Ensure that all work activities are performed in accordance with established safety and environmental standards.
• Maintains full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with the Alcoa Guide to Business Conduct.
• Demonstrates a knowledge of and commitment to Alcoa Business Systems manufacturing principles and techniques.
• Keeps work area clean, safe and in an orderly fashion on a daily basis.
• Performs other tasks of equal or lesser skill as required.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in tooling design role
Proficient in AutoCAD, Solid Works and ePDM/Vault.
SolidWorks Certification and familiarity with GoAutomate are a plus
Fastener or metal forming experience is preferred.
Knowledge of Syteline Manufacturing software, AutoCAD, Solid Works and/or Pro Engineer as well as Microsoft Office skills.
Ability to read blueprint and use measuring instruments.
CA-City of Industry
Minimum Education Required:
Minimum Travel Required:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering from an accredited institution
•This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person
as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
•Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings