General Dynamics Information Technology Infrastructure Lead Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
Serves as a technical team or task lead.
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Minimum Education Required:
BS/BA degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
Minimum Experience Required:
• At least fifteen (15) years of experience in a "Relevant Engineering/Science Field".
• Demonstrated experience leading small teams to perform software integration through analysis, design, development, implementation, test and evaluation of developed solutions.
• Demonstrated experience leading the execution of complex tasks, such as:
o Integrating, planning, coordinating, and facilitating information system related activities such as upgrade of hardware and software, JPO and system design development of computer network software, and implementation of internet and intranet site software.
o Assisting in the upkeep, maintenance and security of networks.
o Analyzing the computer and information needs of the organization from an operational and strategic perspective and determines immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements.
o Ensuring the availability, continuity, and security of data and information technology.
o Recommending and supporting process improvement initiatives.
• Minimum of four (4) years experience in project planning, solution development and testing, and technical documentation writing.
• Demonstrated experience in software design and development: Object-Oriented design, JAVA and LINUX OS.
• Demonstrated experience with integration of and use of COTS products (e.g. Oracle, WebMethods, ClearCase).
• Minimum of five (5) years Microsoft Exchange experience.
• At least five (5) years experience with Windows 2003/2008 Active Directory environments.
• At least five (5) years experience with core network service administration (DNS, DHCP, PKI).
• Working knowledge of VMWare Infrastructure/vSphere.
• Working knowledge of storage systems (NetApp or EMC, SAN, NAS, Tape Arrays, etc.). Foundational knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Oracle WebCenter Interaction, and other Web collaboration applications.
• Level III certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 "Cyberspace Workforce Management" or achieve within six months of TOA)".
• Demonstrated experience working in LINUX and Windows environments.
• Demonstrated experience with formal software verification and test to include experience with/knowledge of automated integration and testing techniques.
• Security Application Implementation Experience (Websense, ISA, McAfee HBSS). Database Administration Experience (SQL, Oracle).
• Demonstrated experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
• Experience developing and debugging Java software applications (JDK, Eclipse, LEWIT, Kona).
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining security of a network and its services as prescribed by DoD Information Assurance policy and procedures.
• CCNA or CCNP.
• MCITP or MCTS.
• Top Secret clearance required at time of hire. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required. Individual must be eligible under the SAP Nomination Process for access to SAP/SAR.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.